Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Are you smarter than a Kindergartner?

You know the show...Are you smarter than a 5th grader? For those of you who do not know, I am enrolled in SPC pursuing an Associate of Arts in Teaching. My plan is to be a Bilingual major with a minor in ESL. I am enrolled in two actual education classes this semester and am required to do three observations this semester. February 15, I observed in a Kindergarten/ESL classroom. All of the students are of Hispanic background. These students did not know any English until they started either Pre-K or Kindergarten. I was very impressed and inspired by what they are being taught. They knew answers to some questions that I did not know the answer to, so I thought it would be fun to test your Texas History! Here it goes...


Are you smarter than a Kindergartner:
Do you know Texas'...

State tree?
State flower?
State large mammal?
State small mammal?
State snake?
State fish?
State bird?
State reptile?
State insect?
State dish?


Well, how did you do?


Answers:
Pecan
Bluebonnets
Longhorn
Armadillo
Diamondback rattle snake
Guadalupe Bass
Mockingbird
Horned lizard
Monarch Butterfly
Chili con carne
I learned a few things and hope you did too!

No comments: