Monday, August 4, 2008

Yoga

Monday morning, August 4, 2008, Alexia started two a days for cross country. I had to have her at Brashear Lake at 7am. I’m thinking this is summer vacation. Who does two a days for cross country anyway? I drop her off and I start thinking I can relax in the quiet, read my bible and sip my diet dr. thunder. First, I start a load of laundry. I need to catch up on this dirty monster from being out of town this past weekend. On my way out of the laundry room I notice two yoga DVD’s. One of my sweet angels must have left them in there. Mind you, this was a Christmas present from me to Jose several years ago. He thought this was something he would like to start. Needless to say, they’ve never been watched. I’m thinking I’ve always wanted to try yoga. The kids are sleeping and I don’t want to get out of my normal routine. I’m a creature of habit. I’ll read later. I’ve heard about all the positive results of yoga and this DVD is Yoga-Conditioning for Weight Loss. Plus, I do want to lose 8-10 pounds. This will be a perfect time to start. Okay so I pop in the DVD, plop on the couch with diet dr. thunder in one hand and remote in the other, thinking this will be perfect if I can watch this and lose weight!! Ha ha
This is my warm up method. I have to warm up to the idea of doing these funny poses. Looks easy enough. I think I can inhale and exhale while sitting criss cross applesauce. I'll tell you, it is a lot harder than it looks! I thought I was going to hyperventilate doing the breathing exercises. I justify my panting by saying I’m just a Baby Yogini. I’ll catch on. I can do this! The instructor on the DVD is telling me to become one with mind and body while touching hands to earth. I can’t even touch below my knees. How am I going to touch the earth while keeping my legs straight? It’s impossible. I think they used special effects to make the instructor look like she is touching her forearms flat to the earth while keeping her legs completely straight. You know how good Hollywood is these days?

I moved on to the next segment that looks like something my dog does when he is taking care of business in the backyard. I’m still not feeling one with mind and body. My mind is drifting. I’m thinking maybe if I can get Ariel to push on my lower back my hands can touch the earth and I’ll get Alexia to pull my arms so I can do that walk the hand thing the instructor keeps mentioning. Now if I can just teach Logan to give me sips of my diet dr. thunder, I think I’ll have it made!

Maybe I can try again tomorrow morning after I drop off Alexia.

Nah, I think I’ll be better off reading my bible! I would probably pull a muscle anyway, right?

3 comments:

Dawn Jenkins said...

Ha Ha...Yoga is a hard work out. I did it in March and was sore for two weeks!

Anonymous said...

what the hell is "Dr. Thunder"

Anonymous said...

You totally crack me up!