Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Present Idea under $3.00

I purchased these tote bags for less than $2.50 each at Wal-Mart.  I wanted to make totes for my nieces to take to church.

  017

I am totally loving all things monogrammed lately.

014

I printed out a letter /E/ and letter /S/ in font size 600.

011 

I used interfacing for the first bag I made.  Lay your letter backwards onto your fabric.  Cut it out and then sew it onto your bag….if you want to do it the hard way like I did.

018

I got smart on the second bag and pulled out the BIG GUNS!  This isn’t just HeatnBond.  This is UltraHold!

 015

Iron onto your letter and then iron onto the bag.  Seriously, took me less than one minute.

016 

Now I have one gift bag for Samantha and one for Emmaly.

013

I bought little magnet dress up dolls to put in the bags so they can play with them during big church.  Coloring books and crayons would work well also.  You can even give them as gifts empty.

You could easily do this project for less than $10.00 for both bags even if you had to purchase the HeatnBond.  They are versatile also.  I really should make one for my son. 

***By the way….I am loving Windows Live Writer.  If you haven’t checked it out you should.  When I inserted my pictures they were turned the wrong direction and in the wrong order.  With Windows Live, I was able to move pictures around, add more, and rotate without deleting the original pictures and starting over.  I am having a hard time figuring out the font thing, but I will get it figured out and let you know what I think.

I think I am done with my shopping.  One trip on a Saturday, with busy crowds, is enough to call it good!!

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

I blogged for two years before I heard about Windows Live Writer. LOVES IT. Great gift for a young girl. I totally love it, thanks for sharing.