Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Johnny Carino's Homemade Bowtie Festival

This was a really easy recipe and very delicious.

I was so proud of myself.

Back in the day when I worked and had money to eat out this was my favorite dish and I always ordered it from Johnny Carino's.

I didn't have a red onion so I used a white onion.

I also didn't have asiago cheese and it still turned out great.

I used cooked bacon out of a bag. The stuff that is made for salads and it was still good.

Ariel picked out the chicken.

Logan gagged.

Had hubby been here he would have added crushed peppers.

Haven't gotten a report from Alexia. She ate later after practice.

But it doesn't matter what they all think. I'm telling you it was GOOD!!!

I luuuuuuuvvvvvvved it!!!

Now go make you a batch and tell me what you think!


FOR THE BOWTIE FESTIVAL:
1 oz. Melted butter
1 tsp. Chopped fresh garlic
1/8 cup Diced red onion
1/8 cup Diced cooked bacon
1/4 cup Diced Roma tomatoes
3 oz. Sliced cooked chicken
1 oz. Heavy (whipping) cream
3 oz. Alfredo sauce (recipe follows)
1/8 cup Asiago cheese
1/2 tsp. Salt, pepper, and garlic salt
10 oz. Precooked bowtie pasta

ALFREDO SAUCE
1 quart Heavy whipping cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Black pepper
1/4 cup Whole milk

Preparation
In a heated saute pan combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture.

When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese.

Once cheese and cream have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from fire. Allow to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce thicken.

Saute heavy cream, milk, and black pepper to a consistent boil. Remove cream mixture from heat and fold in parmesan cheese. Store completed sauce in refrigerator until use.

No comments: