Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yea Me!!

Right now I am totally into monogrammed decorations. I love them. I saw this idea on Southern Hospitality's blog and had to make one of my own.

I had to buy a piece of wood from Hobby Lobby. It was less than $1.50.
I already had this letter R that I purchased at a garage sale 2 years ago for .15 cents. They had it stained. I spray painted both black. I distressed the R because I really like that look right now too.
I purchased a piece of scrapbook paper in black and white because I am really into those colors right now also. I used spray adhesive to adhere it to the wood and hot glued my letter R onto the paper.
Warning: Don't spray the adhesive onto your arm. If you have hairy arms like me, it will make your arm hairs wig out! Trust me!!


I really like how it turned out. I want to buy a little stand to put it on so I can add it to my collection on the entertainment center.
I have found a ton of other craft ideas from some thrifty crafters that I can't wait to get my hands on. I want to do a big letter R for my front door, but I can't remember which blog I found the great idea. I plan to make some shutters for the front windows of our house and I have another project that I am working on that will be pink, black and a diamond pattern. Can't wait to share it with you! If I pull it off, I will have earned myself a big delicious cake to eat all by myself!

No comments: