Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Greyson's Gift

I saw this posted on another blog and thought it was a wonderful idea. I can even get the girls involved in a little sewing lesson. They are in need of 82 more....read below!
Posted by Meryntha
I am looking for your help. Hospitals all across the country are in need of small, very small, baby blankets. In cases of fetal demise, babies are so tiny, even the smallest nursery blanket is much too big to wrap around their tiny bodies. I know how parents feel when they are presented with their tiny baby, for the first and last time. Having to deal with a large blanket that doesn't fit, is a distraction. And, unnecessary. If you can sew or crotchet/knit, would you please help me to supply blankets for these mothers?My doctor informed me that 30% of all pregnancies end in fetal demise!I know we can make a small yet, dramatic difference in the experience these mothers and fathers have in the hospital. It is heartbreaking for the nurses to try and present these tiny babies in the best way possible to grieving parents. They are extremely appreciative of any donations we can give.

For more information, go here http://greysonsgift.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in helping, leave me a comment or email me. Even if you do not sew, there are other ways you can help.

No comments: